commons-user mailing list archives

From Anthony.Mut...@aeso.ca
Subject [BeanUtils] Mapped properties, this maybe a bug?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:39:47 GMT
Hi Folks,

Before I post I bug report I want to see the problem I face is really a bug.

I have a struts application that uses a Mapped (Map) property for one of the
form bean's property.

If in the form bean I provide :
    public Object getXXX(String key)
    public void setXXX(String, key, Object value)

mapped bean methods all works as it should. Both setting and getting values
work as expected when accessing the property e.g myform.XXX(key1) or setting
it.

If I add a the following method:
    public Map getXXX()

then my setter methods no longer work. After cranking up the Log4J error
level I see that beanutils thinks that there are no setter messages and that
the property is read-only.

To work around this issue I had to rename my getXXX() method to something
else to until I get this problem sorted out.

So why does this not work as expected? Are my expectations wrong?

Thanks

Anthony