commons-user mailing list archives

From joern turner <joern.tur...@web.de>
Subject Re: [JXPath] behaviour of getNode for DOM attributes?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:53:43 GMT
__matthewHawthorne wrote:

> I just ran a quick test and noticed the same thing.  I'm not involved
> with [jxpath], but this may be a bug.  I would wait for a response from
> one of the team members for a few days, and then think about filing a
> bugzilla issue.
thanks for the reply - i think its quite obvious a bug, but i just
wanted to check if someone else already came across this or maybe that
this might be an JXPath restriction for some reason.

on the other hand (as you state) it would be very easy to fix and also
doesn't seem to give much chance for side effects.

> I took a quick glance at the code, and the object is question is
> org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dom.DomAttributePointer.  Calling
> getNode() eventually get to the getImmediateNode() method, which either
> returns null or the attribute value.  It has the attribute object stored
> internally, so an easy fix could be just to return the attrib itself
> instead of the value.
>
> I could make this fix myself, but I want to wait for someone who knows
> the codebase a little better to comment.
sure.

i would very much welcome if this would be fixed in the JXPath code
cause we don't want to patch the original files ourselves. but this
problem causes significant workarounds in our source.

Joern