commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TOMCAT] Tomcat logs
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:42:31 GMT
Marius Seiceanu wrote:

> Hello!
>
>    I'm administrating a Tomcat server  from a computer where i don't
> have any kind of access but Tomcat Manager, Admin.
>    Is there any way to see the logs? Installing in Tomcat a webapp or so?

Sounds like a good question to ask on the TOMCAT-USER mailling list.

It would certainly be straightforward to write a webapp that could
display the log files for you (I don't know of any existing ones
offhand).  However, there's no guarantee that it will actually work on a
particular server, if the server administrator has set up Tomcat using
security manager (and/or operating system access control) to limit which
files a webapp can actually read.  To find out, you'll need to talk with
the admins of your installation to see where the log files are being
kept, and whether or not you will be allowed read access to them.

> Thank you,
>    Marius Seiceanu.

Craig