commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <>
Subject Re: [JXPath] behaviour of getNode for DOM attributes?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:35:10 GMT
I just ran a quick test and noticed the same thing.  I'm not involved
with [jxpath], but this may be a bug.  I would wait for a response from
one of the team members for a few days, and then think about filing a
bugzilla issue.

I took a quick glance at the code, and the object is question is
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dom.DomAttributePointer.  Calling
getNode() eventually get to the getImmediateNode() method, which either
returns null or the attribute value.  It has the attribute object stored
internally, so an easy fix could be just to return the attrib itself
instead of the value.

I could make this fix myself, but I want to wait for someone who knows
the codebase a little better to comment.

joern turner wrote:

> Hello,
> can anybody explain why JXPath returns the value of an attribute instead
> of the attribute node when using JXPAth pointer.getNode() with a DOM
> object model?
> this seems to be rather inconsistent with the behaviour when accessing
> an DOM element - here the DOM element is returned as expected. Is there
> a specific reasons why this is so? did i miss something?
> Joern

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message