commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBCP:
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:40:10 GMT
Marius Seiceanu wrote:

> The solution is still not ok for the application i made, because the
> process is like this:
>    I have to deliver a app.war file which will be installed on the
> destination server using Tomcat Manager, so my war file should contain
> everything.

*If* the person who administers your Tomcat installation has set things
up to allow it, and if you have a suitably up to date Tomcat version,
you can put a "META-INF/context.xml" file in the WAR, containing the
<Context> element that defines (among other things) your JNDI
resources.  However, it's likely that your admin hasn't enabled this
feature -- it's not on by default, for (justifiable) security reasons.

The bottom line is that the container owns JNDI resources, not the
application, so the container has to be involved in creating new ones.

> Thank you,
>    Marius Seiceanu.

Craig