commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [latka] having problems getting latka-webapp started
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:30:11 GMT
sandra gubler wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm a newbie having problems getting latka started. The following exeption
>appears in the tomcat log. Can anybody help me out?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>  
>
I'm not really a Latka user, but the problems below don't appear to be 
Latka related.

>Sandra
>
>
>2003-10-16 16:39:49 ContextConfig[/latka-webapp]: WARNING: Security role
>name latka-auth used in an <auth-constraint> without being defined in a
><security-role>
>

This is a warning message indicating that you should have a section 
defining any security role you use in an authentication constraint, like 
this:

  <security-role>
    <description>
      Some description of what this role is for.
    </description>
    <role-name> latka-auth </role-name>
  </security-role>

>2003-10-16 16:39:49 ContextConfig[/latka-webapp] Exception processing TLD at
>resource path /WEB-INF/io.tld
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing TLD at resource path
>/WEB-INF/io.tld
> at
>

This is the real problem (and probably not Latka-related at all) -- 
there is apparently some XML syntax error in the tag library descriptor 
at "/WEB-INF/io.tld" or perhaps it is actually missing.

Craig


>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanTld(ContextConfig.java:1010
>)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:870)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
>243)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
>t.java:166)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3568)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:8
>21)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.j
>ava:307)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:492)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:358)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
>t.java:166)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
>)
> at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>----- Root Cause -----
>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TLD resource path
>/WEB-INF/io.tld
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanTld(ContextConfig.java:1002
>)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:870)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:
>243)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
>t.java:166)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3568)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:8
>21)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.j
>ava:307)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:492)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:358)
> at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
>t.java:166)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
>)
> at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>2003-10-16 16:39:49 ContextConfig[/latka-webapp]: Marking this application
>unavailable due to previous error(s)
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>  
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message