commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons-Logging NullPointerException
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:12:18 GMT
José Antonio Pérez Testa wrote:

> Try defining the property explicitly:
>
> java
> -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog
> foo.bar.yourClass

While you can certainly set properties like this, the particular class
you propose here (Log4JCategoryLog) has been deprecated.  You should be
using Log4JLogger if you're logging with Log4J -- but, commons-logging
will select that for you automatically if Log4J is in the class path, so
you should not need to configure it.

> in the java launcher!

Craig