commons-user mailing list archives

From JD Evora <jdev...@saadian.com>
Subject [Modeler] Can I represent inheritance in the mbeans-descriptors.xml file?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:11:26 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am using commons-modeler for instrument an application that has a lot
of sub classes with a few different details.

Can I define a reference to the common base attributes and operation in
the mbeans-descriptors.xml file or do I have to repeat the whole
description of attributes and operation for each descendant class?
e.g. with:       beans.Child extends beans.Base
<mbean         name="base"
            className="mbeans.BaseMBean"
                 type="beans.Base">
    <attribute   name="name"
                 type="java.lang.String"/>
    <attribute   name="attribute1"
                 type="int"
            writeable="false"/>
    <attribute   name="attribute2"
                 type="int"
            writeable="false"/>
  </mbean>

Is there some way to avoid tho describe the attributes name, attribute1
and attribute2 in the bmean child?
<mbean         name="child"
            className="mbeans.ChildMBean"
                 type="beans.Child">
    <attribute   name="name"                     \
                 type="java.lang.String"/>          |
    <attribute   name="attribute1"                |    is there any way
                 type="int"                                 >    for avoid
            writeable="false"/>                        |   repeating  that?
    <attribute   name="attribute2"                |
                 type="int"                                 |
            writeable="false"/>                        /
   <attribute   name="attribute3"
                 type="java.lang.String"/>
   <attribute   name="attribute4"
                 type="java.lang.String"/>