commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Connection pooling error w/MySQL
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:05:41 GMT
Let us first gather some more info.
Hardware, OS, network (firewall, ...), versions of all relevant software
Configuration of your database pool (server.xml) & database server (host
access parameters)

Is it during startup / under load?
Can you provide a small test case?

Can you retest using the latest versions of DBCP & pool (v1.1RC1)?
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/builds/

At the bottom of your stack trace you see that the cause is inside the
driver

================
Caused
by: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any
hosts due to exception: java.net.BindException:
Address already in use: connect        at
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1622)
       at
com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:491)
      at
com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:346)
       at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:83)

But  let us investigate further...

Dirk