commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: DEBUG vs. TRACE under Log4JLogger
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:20:57 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:

>Even this turns out not to be simple.  Must I also create my own
>LogFactory?  I created a class (by stealing Log4Jlogger code and
>rewriting trace() and isTraceEnabled() methods, set a property a file
>containing JNDI names used by the JBoss server, but I find that this has
>no effect, and that the effect I thought it had must have been due to
>the default commons-logging search algorithm.
>So I am in initialization hell.  Do you have any idea of the best way to
>have the system find my new Logger class.
See the class Javadocs for
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl (the default LogFactory
implementation).  You can set a property
"org.apache.commons.logging.Log" to set the fully qualified classname of
the preferred Log implementation class, in a
"" resource in the class path or as a system

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message