commons-user mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [latka] having problems getting latka-webapp started
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:46:36 GMT

--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> sandra gubler wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm a newbie having problems getting latka started.
> The following exeption
> >appears in the tomcat log. Can anybody help me out?
> >
> >Thanks in advance!

By the way, the Latka webapp is completely optional.
I usually run Latka from the command line, and I
believe that Maven currently has built-in support for
it (never used that particular flavor myself).
However, I have used the webapp from time to time.

> I'm not really a Latka user, but the problems below
> don't appear to be
> Latka related.
>
> >Sandra
> >

> >2003-10-16 16:39:49 ContextConfig[/latka-webapp]:
> WARNING: Security role
> >name latka-auth used in an <auth-constraint>
> without being defined in a
> ><security-role>
> >

> This is a warning message indicating that you should
> have a section
> defining any security role you use in an
> authentication constraint, like
> this:
>
>   <security-role>
>     <description>
>       Some description of what this role is for.
>     </description>
>     <role-name> latka-auth </role-name>
>   </security-role>

This warning can safely be ignored.  It's only used by
the "self-test" portion of the webapp, which is where
Latka can be used to test portions of itself.  If you
want to run those particular scripts, set up the
security configuration that Craig describes.

> >2003-10-16 16:39:49 ContextConfig[/latka-webapp]
> Exception processing TLD at
> >resource path /WEB-INF/io.tld
> >javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception
> processing TLD at resource path
> >/WEB-INF/io.tld
> > at
> >

> This is the real problem (and probably not
> Latka-related at all) --
> there is apparently some XML syntax error in the tag
> library descriptor
> at "/WEB-INF/io.tld" or perhaps it is actually
> missing.
>
> Craig

That's odd, I don't remember that webapp having any
references to the IO taglib.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange