commons-user mailing list archives

From Jon Wilmoth <jonwilm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Connection pooling error w/MySQL
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:53:45 GMT
Thanks, I've gotten the BindException before when
trying to startup two instances of an appserver, but I
don't believe Tomcat itself is the problem.  Tomcat's
running on 8080 and MySQL is running on the default
port of 3306.  I'm pretty sure there isn't anything
else running on 3306 otherwise the MySQL server itself
wouldn't be able to startup, let alone the client
applications (MySQL Control Center, Ant SQL task,
etc.).

--- __matthewHawthorne <matth@phreaker.net> wrote:
> I've received the "java.net.BindException: Address
> already in use" error
> when I attempted to run on a port that was already
> in use.  Perhaps try
> shutting down your Tomcat and making sure that no
> other apps are using
> port 8080 or whichever one you're using.
>

> Jon Wilmoth wrote:
>
> > I'm attempting a port of a webapp from oracle to
> mysql
> > (tight budget ;).  Unfortunately, I'm experiencing
> > problems with the DataSource implementation
> provided
> > with Tomcat 4.1.27 and MySQL that I didn't have
> with
> > Tomcat & Oracle.  The error is below.
> >
> > I'm able to successfully connect to the MySQL
> server
> > via other clients including: MySQL Control Center,
> > Ant's Sql task and a test java client that has the
> > following code:
> >
> > private Connection getConnection() {//load driver
> try{
> > 	Class.forName(driverClassName);	} catch
> > (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
> log(driverClassName +
> > " is not in the classpath");		System.exit(1);	}
> > Connection conn = null;	try {		conn =
> > DriverManager.getConnection(dbURL, dbUser,dbPwd);
> > conn.setAutoCommit(false);	} catch (Exception e) {
>
> > log("getConnection failed to connect to '" + dbURL
> +
> > "' with user '" + dbUser + "'", e);
> System.exit(1);	}
> > return conn;}
> >
> > Any idea why DBCP would have problems?
> >
> > DBCP borrowObject failed: java.sql.SQLException:
> > Unable to connect to any hosts due to exception:
> > java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> > connectorg.apache.commons.dbcp.DbcpException:
> > java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to any
> hosts
> > due to exception: java.net.BindException: Address
> > already in use: connect        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnectionDriverConnectionFactory.java:85)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObjectPoolableConnectionFactory.java:184)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObjectGenericObjectPool.java:722)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObjectAbandonedObjectPool.java:117)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnectionPoolingDataSource.java:108)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnectionBasicDataSource.java:312)
> >        at

com.apex.chronos.app.DatabaseDelegate.getPooledConnectionDatabaseDelegate.java:70)
> >        at

com.apex.chronos.app.DatabaseDelegate.logConnectionInfoDatabaseDelegate.java:34)
> >        at

com.apex.chronos.Startup.testConnectionPool(Startup.java:384)
> >        at
> > com.apex.chronos.Startup.init(Startup.java:183)
>
> > at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServletStandardWrapper.java:935)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadStandardWrapper.java:823)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartupStandardContext.java:3421)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startStandardContext.java:3609)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startContainerBase.java:1188)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> >        at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> >        at
> >
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> > Method)        at

> >        at

> >        at
> > java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)Caused
> > by: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to connect to
> any
> > hosts due to exception: java.net.BindException:
> > Address already in use: connect        at

com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1622)
> >        at

com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:491)

> >       at

com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:346)
> >        at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:83)