commons-user mailing list archives

From Justin Wood <jus...@braidquest.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly Swing] Is this project still alive ??
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:54:23 GMT
I managed to get Jelly to compile using ant only.   I stripped out a lot of
the tag packages so that I had only a sort of "Jelly Core" :-) and I changed
the jelly.properties to point only to the taglibs that I kept.   I also made
some changes to XMLParser.java and BeanTagScript.java to get them to compile
(older code I think).

I've read all the docs and they are as Paul says quite out of date.  So it's
difficult to really know what the current direction of Jelly is and what on
the ToDo list is stale.

I would like to see a stand alone official jelly realease that compiles (using
ant and maven ie two build files maybe the maven one using the ant one) as a
core with optional packages like what ant does with ant.jar and optional.jar.
Is that currently on the cards for the early next year release?  I'd be
willing to help to do this but not in the capacity of co-ordinator.

Justin