commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From José Gustavo Zagato <jose.gust...@emacdigital.com.br>
Subject RE: HttpClient Header Problem
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:02:12 GMT
Thanks !

	So I can't use the localhost or my Machine IP address as host ?

Cheers !

  José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
System Analyst - Atos Origin
jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br


-----Original Message-----
From: olegk@bluewin.ch [mailto:olegk@bluewin.ch] 
Sent: quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2003 09:57
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: HttpClient Header Problem

We do not have any sample code because we never thought it would be of
any
difficulty. 

Try this line

initialState.addCookie(new Cookie(domain, "JSESSIONID", sessionId, "/",
null,
false));

The only diffucult part here is the domain attribute. If your target
host
is, for example, 'myhost.whatever.com', valid domain would be
'.whatever.com'

Oleg

>-- Original Message --
>Reply-To: "Jakarta Commons Users List"
<commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Reply-To: <jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br>
>From: José Gustavo Zagato <jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br>
>To: "'Jakarta Commons Users List'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: HttpClient Header Problem
>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:29:22 -0300
>
>
>Hi ! 
>
>	Thanks for the answer !
>	This is the piece of code with Im trying to run, Can you
>anything else wrong ? If you have any piece of code with this
>httpSate.addcookie please send to me !
>
>public String doRequest(String server, String sessionId, String domain)
>{
>
>		
>		HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
>		
>		HttpState initialState = new HttpState();
>	
>initialState.setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.COMPATIBILITY);
>
>		HttpMethod method = new GetMethod(server);
>
>		try {
>
>			//Cookie jSession = new
>Cookie(domain,"Cookie","JSESSIONID="+sessionId);
>			//CookieSpecBase cookspec = new
>CookieSpecBase(); 
>
>			//Header hd =
>cookspec.formatCookieHeader(jSession);
>			//
>method.addRequestHeader(hd);
>			method.addRequestHeader("Cookie", "JSESSIONID="
>+ sessionId);
>
>			requestCode = client.executeMethod(method);
>
>			Cookie[] cookies =
>client.getState().getCookies();
>			// Display the cookies
>			System.out.println("Return: " + requestCode);
>			System.out.println("Present cookies: ");
>			for (int i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
>				System.out.println(" - " +
>cookies[i].toExternalForm());
>			}
>
>		} catch (Exception e) {
>			e.printStackTrace();
>
>		} catch (Throwable tre) {
>			tre.printStackTrace();
>		}
>
>		byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();
>
>		return new String(responseBody);
>
>	}
>
>Regards !
>
>  José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
>System Analyst - Atos Origin
>jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: olegk@bluewin.ch [mailto:olegk@bluewin.ch] 
>Sent: quinta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2003 09:13
>To: Jakarta Commons Users List
>Subject: RE: HttpClient Header Problem
>
>Hi José,
>
>Simply use HttpState#addCookie method to add a cookie to the HTTP
>session.
>Currently HttpClient overwrites manually set 'Cookie' headers. You are
>not
>the first one to have fallen into this trap. Quite a few people
>complained
>about what they see as disappearance of manually set 'Cookie' headers.
I
>am planning to provide a patch against CVS HEAD soon. The fix, however,
>is
>not likely to make it into our stable 2.0 branch, so I strongly
>encourage
>to use HttpState class to handle cookies.
>
>Cheers
>
>Oleg
>
>
>>-- Original Message --
>>Reply-To: "Jakarta Commons Users List"
><commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Reply-To: <jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br>
>>From: José Gustavo Zagato <jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br>
>>To: "'Jakarta Commons Users List'" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: HttpClient Header Problem
>>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:44:37 -0300
>>
>>
>>Hi Folks !
>> 
>>      I'm trying to develop an applet with uses the commons httpclient
>>to interact with a struts action. I developed a few examples and it
>>worked fine, but now I need to somehow make the applet "join" the http
>>session started by the browser with loaded the applet. I tried to add
a
>>Cookie to the request with contains the session id. In another shot I
>>tried to add a new header entry with contains the session id.
>>Unfortunately all shots went to wrong directions.
>> 
>>      So does anyone here has a example on how to add a new header
>entry
>>to a http get request ? There is any thing special that I need to do
to
>>"join" a already started session ? How deep is the rabbit hole ?
>> 
>>Cheers !
>> 
>>  José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
>>System Analyst - Atos Origin
>>jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>  José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
>>System Analyst - Atos Origin
>>jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br
>> 
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message