commons-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Sturm <chri...@schaumwelt.com>
Subject [betwixt] TestObjectStringConverters failing on non US locale
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:50:11 GMT
Hi All!

I get this junit failure with the cvs version:
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: String output same as
java.util.Date.toString() (1)
Expected:Tue Sep 09 16:22:58 CEST 2003
Actual  :Di Sep 09 16:22:58 CEST 2003

it seems that the Date.toString function doesnt account for locales, while
SimpleDateFormat does. I dont know why its neccesary that the output is
the same as the toString output, and I'm not sure whats the best solution,
but I think the converter should return non-localized names, to make it
easier to import on other locales. Does anyone with more betwixt
expierence then me have an opinion on that?

-chris