commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Alexander" <dalexan...@ukgateway.net>
Subject [HttpClient] Certificate problems
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:03:19 GMT
Hi,

Using the HttpClient, I've run into some problems with Certificates.

The error I'm getting is this:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate chaining error: issuer
DN != subject DN

Running with ssl debug on, I think the problem is that the site uses a CA
who isn't in CACERTS.

Following the SecureSockets info on the HttpClient pages, I've put a
temporary workaround in place with a modified version of the
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java class from there. For the moment I've put
a TrustManager that trusts everything.

IE has the certificates and I know I can export them. If I did that, could I
then import them into a KeyStore (other CACERTS) and use that somehow? If so
how?

If anyone has done this before, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
D.