commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wilco Kasteleijn" <wkastele...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Commons-fileupload] FileUploadException: .. Read timed out
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:42:43 GMT
Thanks Robert,
We are indeed using tomcat (4.2.27), and I've tried your suggestion. But the
same problem still occurs. The problem is not that we are trying to upload
large files that exceed the upload timeout. In fact this problem only occurs
when the form file input is left empty, and no file is uploaded at all at
that moment. If any file is specified, uploading works fine.
The exception also never occurs when IE6.0 is used as a browser client,
neither on XP. It is the combination of using SSL with IE5.5 on windows 2000
and older machines.
Below I included the stacktrace after having upgraded to fileupload 1.0
(included in struts 1.1).

Wilco.

org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out
	at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:429)
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java:233)
	at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1209)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:821)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)