commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Wynter" <da...@roamware.co.uk>
Subject [DBCP] & [Pool] Classloader problem in Servlet?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:58:28 GMT
Hi,

I am experiencing a very strange problem with tracing the execution of DBCP
when it calls the constructor for a GenericObjectPool().

I am on W2K running JDK 1.3.1 within Eclipse. I am running Turbine 2.3
release, and have developed an Avalon component that uses the Quartz
scheduler which in turn uses the commons-dbcp which in turn uses the
commons-pool. The Avalon component is not intialising properly because it
fails to make a connection to Oracle 8.15 I am using (classes12.jar is the
JDBC2 driver). I am attempting to trace it through to find out why the
connection is failing. But when I get to the constructor for the
GenericObjectPool it fails to call into the Constructor, instead it goes
into the checkPackageAccess method of the ClassLoader.class?

In addition when I try to attach the source for the GenericObjectPool and
put a breakpoint on line 303 (the empty constructor) it says that it cannot
run to the breakpoint because "Reason: Absent Line Number Information". Now
I checked the maven options in project.properties and the build.xml and
debug is on which line numbers must be there?

Here is the stack.

Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).checkPackageAccess(Class,
ProtectionDomain) line: 319
BasicDataSource.createDataSource() line: 683
BasicDataSource.getConnection() line: 430
PoolingConnectionProvider.getConnection() line: 160
DBConnectionManager.getConnection(String) line: 116
JobStoreTX.getConnection() line: 1069
JobStoreTX.recoverJobs() line: 71
JobStoreTX(JobStoreSupport).initialize(ClassLoadHelper) line: 234
StdSchedulerFactory.instantiate() line: 664
StdSchedulerFactory.getScheduler() line: 814
DefaultDbScheduler.initializeScheduler() line: 291
DefaultDbScheduler.initialize() line: 229
ContainerUtil.initialize(Object) line: 282
DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance() line: 323
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize() line: 141
ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize() line: 555
TurbineAvalonComponentService.initialize() line: 215
TurbineAvalonComponentService.init() line: 135
TurbineServices(BaseServiceBroker).initService(String) line: 321
TurbineServices(BaseServiceBroker).doInitService(String) line: 401
TurbineServices(BaseServiceBroker).initServices(boolean) line: 373
TurbineServices(BaseServiceBroker).init() line: 190
Turbine.configure(ServletConfig, ServletContext) line: 423
Turbine.init() line: 230
Turbine(GenericServlet).init(ServletConfig) line: 258
StandardWrapper.loadServlet() line: 918
StandardWrapper.load() line: 810
StandardContext.loadOnStartup(Container[]) line: 3279
StandardContext.start() line: 3421
StandardHost(ContainerBase).start() line: 1123
StandardHost.start() line: 638
StandardEngine(ContainerBase).start() line: 1123
StandardEngine.start() line: 343
StandardService.start() line: 388
StandardServer.start() line: 506
Catalina.start() line: 781
Catalina.execute() line: 681
Catalina.process(String[]) line: 179
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not
available [native method]
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 39
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 25
Method.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 324
Bootstrap.main(String[]) line: 243

Any ideas as to what is going on here? I cannot find out why the componet
deos not initialize unless I can trace through to the cause.

Thanks

David Wynter