commons-user mailing list archives

From Todd Carmichael <to...@concur.com>
Subject [DBCP] Timeout for creating a new connection
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:29:41 GMT
I am interested in a setting that if the db pool is exhausted, then the code
will wait a certain amount of time for a new object to appear available in
the pool.  Our problem is that under load, the system ends up creating a
huge number of connections.  Creating a new connection in MS SQL Server is a
huge performance and scalability hit.  If the code could wait a 100-500 ms,
then a connection most likely become available.  This would definitely be a
configuration parameter.  Is this functionality available or should I just
patch the code myself?

Thanks.
Todd Carmichael