commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wynkoop, Robert M" <robert.m.wynk...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: commons-dbcp-1.0.1 PooledDataSource
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:38:44 GMT
My IBM Webpshere production environment has the data source connections
setup(Stored in JNDI) without username and password.  Both user name and
password are passed by a common component that I am required to use.  I'm
trying to get Netbeans / Tomcat working for local development without having
to create a JDBC type 4 connection the old-fashioned way or change my config
files when moving from Local Dev, to dev, testing(UAT) and production.

Later,

Robert Wynkoop
-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Verbeeck [mailto:dirk.verbeeck@pandora.be]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 4:18 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: commons-dbcp-2.0 PooledDataSource

The new name is org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.PerUserPoolDataSource
I don't use it myself so I  can't comment on the quality.

If there are enough demand then we can implement the feature into the
BasicDataSource
but I don't really see much use for it, not for web applications.

Why do you need this fuction?

Dirk

srinath narasimhan wrote:

>There is a extension of the dbcp class called Jdbc2PoolDataSource. I am
>using this.
>It is not production quality, but it works.
>
>I think lately the class has been refactored into different name. I don't
>know the full details
>of where it is headed to. I hope that we will get a decent release version
>soon.
>
>Good luck.

JNDI,