commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: bug in betwixt for inner class
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:59:24 GMT
hi david

(i don't know if you're still hanging around.)

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 03:26 AM, David Thielen wrote:

> Hi;
>
> First off, I think betwixt is great. It is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Second, I found a bug in it. If I have a public inner class, the element
> names it creates are <Outer$Inner> and dom4j chokes on an element name
> with $ in it.

i think that $ is not allowed in element names (so it's not very
surprising that dom4j chokes).

you can fix this easily by adding a (delegating) name mapper.

i'll probably commit a standard betwixt mapper sometime soonish. i'm not
sure what the best replacement character would be so i'll probably do
something generic. i'm inclined to just remove the character (as the
default) but i'd appreciate feedback from users about what they really
think would be the best replacement.

- robert