commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Commons Lang 2.0 released!
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:23:35 GMT
Hi,

This looks interesting... Dare I ask how much of this is meant to be
applet-friendly.

This looks to be enhancement, there is no more something like a static
System.getProperties() which I think I remember having seen earlier.
And System.getProperty() seem to restricted to allowed ones.

However I see the use of the Class.getDeclaredConstructors() or
Class.getDeclaredFields() at many places. Although this sounds to be a
good design approach it is sadly not applet-friendly... (ask Sun why, I
never understood, they say it's to understand the class and possibly
reverse-engineer or something like that).

And maybe there are other issues.
I shall start proposing patches  when I'll use it in this setting but I
would look forward to hear if other people use it in a sandboxed way
(e.g. JNLP no-permissions, or applets).

Thanks.

Paul