commons-user mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] define:invokeBody to send an ant fileset ?
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:05:23 GMT
On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 05:30  PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Did anyone succeed in writing a jelly's define:tag that can invoke its
> body within an ant task ?
>
> I would like to do something like
>         <define:tag name="do">
>           <ant:jar destfile="${codebaseDir}/${jarname}-unsigned.jar">
>             <define:invokeBody/>
>           </ant:jar>
>         <define:tag>
>
> ... and then use it as:
>
>        <myURI:do>
> 	<fileset dir="blip">
> 	  <include name="*/**.blop"/>
>           </fileset>
>         </myURI:do>
>

> Unfortunately the source of the InvokeBody tag seems to talk to the
> first parent "DynamicTag" which doesn't really make sense to me...
>
> Did anyone undersand this invokeBody tag better ?

I've seen this discussed before, you may have just found a better
description of the problem.

Dynamically declared tags need to have their parent set to the
'runtime' parent as opposed to the 'declaration' parent.. Feel free to
make a testcase and create an issue in JIRA (that'll greatly increase
the chances of it being fixed ;)
-pete