commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cannot log from a load-on-startup servlet in init()
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:25:55 GMT
Henrik Vendelbo wrote:

>I am running Axis under Tomcat. Both are the latest versions. I chose to use
>the log4j that is already in the Tomcat directory.
>
>When the Axis servlet loads, I get the following. Where does the issue lie ?

The important evidence is the "Root Cause" exception below
(ExceptionInInitializerError), which means that some code in either an
initialization expression or the constructor of your AxisServletPlus
class threw an exception.  Going down a little further we find the
"Caused by" error that claims "Log4JLogger does not implement Log".
This is almost certainly due to having more than one copy of the Log4J
classes visible in the class loader hierarchy.

Craig