commons-user mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject [betwixt] general confusion about BeanReader
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:47:42 GMT
I've spent the entire day attempting to read a bean with betwixt... I've
run out of ideas.

For example, if my bean is named Person:

class Person {
	String getName()
	setName(String)
}

I've tried:

BeanReader.registerBeanClass(Person.class)
BeanReader.registerBeanClass("Person", Person.class)

But BeanReader.parse() still returns null.

Here are some questions:

1) Can XML written from a BeanWriter be parsed by a BeanReader without
the use of .betwixt files?  Since I didn't change any of the
configuration, I assumed that both could read and write easily, but this
isn't happening.

2) Is it necessary to register every bean before calling
BeanReader.parse()?  In other words, if I have nested beans, do I need
to register all of them or just the root?

The documentation is helpful, but I seem to be missing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated.