commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [DBCP]
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:04:05 GMT
Hi Mark

DBCP has the requested feature. It is not included in v1.0 so you need a
nightly build.
The parameters you are looking for are:
(A) timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis: The number of milliseconds to sleep
between runs of the idle object evictor thread.
(B) numTestsPerEvictionRun: The number of objects to examine during each
run of the idle object evictor thread (if any).
(C) minEvictableIdleTimeMillis : The minimum amount of time an object
may sit idle in the pool before it is eligable for eviction by the idle
object evictor (if any).

Every "A" milliseconds, "B" idle connections are tested, if they are
idle for more then "C" milliseconds then they will be removed from the pool

Typical values are:
(A) timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis: 60000   (default is disabled)
(B) numTestsPerEvictionRun: 3     (=default)
(C) minEvictableIdleTimeMillis : 1800000  (=1000 * 60 * 30)  (=default)

Regards,
Dirk