commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <>
Subject Re: [collections] Last call before release 3.0
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 06:09:27 GMT

I have started reviewing code, javadoc and test coverage and I have
found a few javadoc errors, some test coverage gaps and a few other odds
and ends.  Should I submit patches for the tests and javadoc fixes or
just apply them?  I am happy to help either way.

Here is one code change that I would recommend:

Currently, CollectionUtils.isProperSubCollection(a,b) returns

CollectionUtils.isSubCollection(a,b) &&

This is very inefficient, since it is equivalent to

(a.size() < b.size()) && CollectionUtils.isSubCollection(a,b);

There are currently no tests for this method, but the latter works for
the ones that I have coded.

So that I can prioritize my efforts, can you provide a list of exactly
what is going in 3.0 (or point me to the right thread -- sorry I have
not been following Collections too closely).