commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McAllansmith <dani...@kiwiplan.co.nz>
Subject Re: [betwixt] 1.0 beta dev Object <-> String conversion
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:47:11 GMT
On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:15, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> hi daniel
>
> (looks like you've been a bit unfortunate in hitting another feature which
> is under construction.)
>
> the object <-> string stuff committed recently is only part of a bigger
> whole. you need the stuff that is still hanging around on my machine
> awaiting sufficient time for me to tidy it up, document, write test cases
> and then commit it.
>
> there is good news and bad news about the ETA of this material. the good
> news is that i've nearly finished the ASF stuff i was working on and will
> probably be back on betwixt sometime soonish, the bad news is that my plan
> is to complete the read refactoring (which will hopefully solve your other
> issue) before i go back to this.

OK.  I don't claim to have acres of free time at the moment but if there is
anything I can give you a hand with drop me a line.

> until i manage to get these features in, your best course might be to use
> the workaround you suggested.

Will do.

As an aside, there also seems to be an issue with the id generation.  This
isn't critical at the moment given the need to avoid recursive references
anyway.
I fixed up AbstractBeanWriter$ElementAttributes and it looked to be working
but it busted test cases.  Didn't get a chance to look into it further sorry.

Cheers
Daniel