commons-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Digester question (Hashtables...) <and> CallMethodRule - parameter types
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 06:44:18 GMT
thank you Robert for the hint.

Sorry, I failed to read the original mail(s), which I did just in the moment.

My problem is solved.
My boss wrote a new CallParamRule, where I can specify the type of the
parameter. He made his changes available on bugzilla.

Robert Burrell wrote:

> i agree that an elegant solution would have a good chance of being
> accepted.
>
> - robert

Don't know if our solution is elegant, but it works also for the example.xml
from Petra.
We have a similar situation:

<map name="map1">
	<item value="value1" name="name1"/>
	<item value="value2" name="name2"/>
</map>

with various "named" maps and the value should be an Integer.

We solved this with an ObjectCreationFactory, which creates the map.
As this rule cares about the object-stack in the end-method, we add the map to
the parent in the begin()-method of the ObjectCreationFactory (no
addSetNext()-call is needed).
The begin()-method of the ObjectCreationFactory gets the name of the map in
the attributes-array (accessible with attributes.getValue("name"); ), so we
can use a standard put()-call of a map.

The items are put into each map with the standard put()-method and the
parameter-conversion is done with an extended CallParamRule.

may be, some of you find this useful...

regards Gero