commons-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] CallMethodRule - parameter types
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:00:49 GMT
Hello,

I have a method which takes two parameters of type Object.
The values from XML-source are converted to String.
Now I would like to have one parameter converted to an Integer.

This is my digester rule:

digester.addCallMethod(MAP_IS_ENTRY_NODE, "put", 2,
	new String[] { "java.lang.Object"	, "java.lang.Object" });

When I specify the parameters as Integer and String (the types I like in this
case), I get an InvocationException and I suppose, that the method is not
found. (CallMethodRule.useExactMatch is false).

I looked at the CallParamRule, but I didn't find a way to specify the type of
the parameter.

In the CallMethodRule I found different arrays paramTypes and paramClassNames,
so I suppose, that my situation has been seen coming.
Unfortunately the paramClassNames is private and has no setter.

Does anybody know a way, how I could solve this problem without subclassing
the object, where the method is called from and also without having to copy
the CallMethodRule?

Many thanks for your attention.

regards Gero