commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] Can I set digester log4j logging mechanism??
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:23:53 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Vivian Fonger wrote:

> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:29:39 -0400
> From: Vivian Fonger <vfonger@socketware.com>
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [Digester] Can I set digester log4j logging mechanism??
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there anyway that I can set digester to use log4j logging
> mechanism???

Yes.  Digester uses commons-logging under the covers
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/), which will choose Log4J by
default if it is visible in the classpath.  See the commons-logging
documentation for information on how to configure this.

Digester creates two different logger instances:

  org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax -- individual SAX events

  org.apache.commons.digester.Digester     -- everything else

If you set either or both of these to debug or trace level output, you'll
get a LOT of logging output.

> Vivian Fonger

Craig