commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniel McAllansmith <dani...@kiwiplan.co.nz>
Subject [betwixt] 1.0 beta dev, Recursive references result in infinite recursion
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:12:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the latest (20030901) snapshot of betwixt.

When I register a bean class, that indirectly references itself via another
bean class, betwixt ends up recursing forever adding rules.

For example, ABean holds a Collection of members of type BBean, where BBean
has a property of type ABean holding its container.
In this situation I end up with repeated calls into
BeanRuleSet.addRule(String, Rule, ElementDescriptor, ReadContext) and
BeanRuleSet.addChildRules(String, ElementDescriptor, ReadContext) with
sucessively longer paths -
ABean/members/member/container/members/member/container...

So, is this just a bug in the BeanRuleSet code or is there some explicit
mechanism I should be using to avoid the recursion?

Thanks
Daniel