commons-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo Ma. Hernandez" <geronimo...@gmx.com>
Subject [Digester] question about parent-parameter-access
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 09:24:04 GMT
Hello,

I try to transform this XML-content:

<entity name="anEntity">
	<addAttribute	name="rowid"/>
	<addAttribute	name="dbid">
		<unique-index	idx_number="1" idx_order="1"/>
	</addAttribute>
</entity>

with a definition-object for enitity. A CallMethodRule gets rid of the
"entity/addAttribute"-pattern, combined with a CallParamRule for the
name-attribute.
For the "entity/addAttribute/unique-index"-pattern I also added a
CallMethodRule, with CallParamRules for idx_number and idx_order.
But now, I got stuck.

How could I access the name-attribute of /entity/addAttribute ?

With the help of a debugger I found the value "dbid" in digester.params as an
entry below the parameters for the unique-index method call.

Is it possible to access this value with the existing *Rules-classes, or do I
have to build a new one? The digester.peekParams(n) is classified as "package
private" ...
Could anyone shine me a light on how to do it the right way?

Many thanks for your attention.

Gero