commons-user mailing list archives

From Anton Tagunov <atagu...@mail.cnt.ru>
Subject Re[2]: bug in betwixt for inner class
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:09:34 GMT
Hello, Robert!

>> If I have a public inner class, the element names it creates are
>> <Outer$Inner> and dom4j chokes on an element name with $ in it.

Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

rbd> i think that $ is not allowed in element names (so it's not very
rbd> surprising that dom4j chokes).

rbd> you can fix this easily by adding a (delegating) name mapper.

rbd> i'll probably commit a standard betwixt mapper sometime soonish. i'm not
rbd> sure what the best replacement character would be so i'll probably do
rbd> something generic. i'm inclined to just remove the character (as the
rbd> default) but i'd appreciate feedback from users about what they really
rbd> think would be the best replacement.

Is the '-' character taken? It is not allowed in java indentifiers
but is in xml element names.

Anton