commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <David.K...@wamu.net>
Subject Debugging LogConfigurationException with commons-logging 1.0.3 (and log4j 1.2.8)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:59:59 GMT
I'm trying to run some standalone code that uses commons-logging and
log4j, but I'm getting a LogConfigurationException.  I can't find any
useful information on what is really going wrong.

The stack trace is as follows:
----------------
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImp
l.java:532)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImp
l.java:272)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
logger[null]
	at
com.wamu.tsg.eai.reporting.collect.MessageManager.<init>(MessageManager.
java:33)
	at
com.wamu.tsg.eai.reporting.collect.MessageManager.main(MessageManager.ja
va:55)
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.wamu.tsg.eai.reporting.collect.MessageManager.main(MessageManager.ja
va:83)

I have a "log4j.properties" file, which I'm putting in the classpath
when the application is run.  I don't have a "logging.properties" file
(I believe that's the name that commons-logging looks for).  I'm using
JDK 1.3.1_08.

What else can I do to get more information about what is going wrong?