commons-user mailing list archives

From "SPRINGER,IAN (HP-NewJersey,ex1)" <ian.sprin...@hp.com>
Subject RE: XML / SAX heavy optimization !
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:49:33 GMT
| Thomas Lionel SMETS wrote:
| >

| > We have a program that needs to be heavily optimized (processing a
| > tenth
| > of the expected volume). The program is heavily using
| SAX-parsing ! I
| > was wandering if any body had place were I could start optimizing
| > (getting the cheap bucks first).
| >
| > Any idea is welcome,
| >
| > \T,
| >
| > p.s. :
| > I need the cheap bucks in Jackarta SAX not in optimization !

Hi Tom,

One thing you could do that won't make a huge difference but couldn't hurt
is when you do the typical if/else element name checks in start/endElement,
check for for the more frequently occuring elements first. This will reduce
the number of calls to String.equals() being done for each element.

Ian