commons-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Watson" <>
Subject Betwixt - CyclicReferenceException
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:57:33 GMT

I'm having issues with cyclic references and was wondering if anyone can
shed some light for me.

I'm calling BeanWriter.write (on a reasonably complex bean) and occasionally
getting a cyclicreferenceexception thrown.

I can reproduce the problem easily but the thing that's confusing me is that
I can call this method with another instance of the same type of bean (with
near identical data) and it doesn't throw an exception.

Can anyone explain exactly what a cyclic reference is, how I might be able
to identify what part of the bean is causing it and how I can try and avoid

Thanks in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message