commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject [digester] validating against system dtd?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:02:28 GMT
Hello,

I am having difficulty trying to tell the Digester to validate against a
system DTD.  I am not an XML guru, but from what I can tell you do not need
to specify a public identifier for a system DTD.  That's kind of tricky,
because the digester's register method expects a public ID.  Here is the
beginning of my DTD:

<!ELEMENT lookup-bean (rules?, picklists)>

Here is the beginning of the XML file I want validated:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE lookup-bean SYSTEM
 "lookup-bean_1_0.dtd">

<lookup-bean>

Here is what I have tried when constructing my digester:

   URL url = this.getClass().getResource("lookup-bean_1_0.dtd");
   digester.register("", url.toString());

Also tried:

   URL url = this.getClass().getResource("lookup-bean_1_0.dtd");
   digester.register(null, url.toString());

Also tried:

   URL url = this.getClass().getResource("lookup-bean_1_0.dtd");
   digester.register("lookup-bean_1_0.dtd", url.toString());

Any ideas anyone?  Any help is much appreciated!  Thanks,

Matt