commons-user mailing list archives

From "Luciano Kiniti Issoe" <>
Subject Resource temporarily unavailable
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:26:09 GMT

We are having problems due to a huge number of simultaneous TCP connections
(netstat -n| wc -l gives 5000 lines). At some point we have a lot  of
" Resource temporarily unavailable". My question
is: Does HttpClient will reduce the amount of TCP connections for me? (As of
now we are using URL.openStream to read from other sites)
Another one: Is there any trick on Linux to enlarge the number of max open
TCP connections. We tried to raise the /proc/sys/fs/file-max, but it worked
just for a while...We are running on a 2 Xeon 2Gb RAM RedHat 7.2 / jdk 1.4.2
/ tomcat 4.1.12

Thanks and regards,

Luciano Kiniti Issoe
Webraska do Brasil