commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ted M. Young" <...@jitterpig.com>
Subject [Collections] MultiMap
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 23:06:39 GMT
(Sorry for the dupe, forgot to put [Collections] in the subject line)

Hi,

I see that there's still an open enhancement issue for the ChainedHashMap
implementation (16465, opened Jan 27 2003 and status is still NEW).  Will this
get into the 3.0 release?

I'd also love to see some better JavaDocs for MultiMap about order of the
collection retrieved via a get().  The MultiMap interface incorrectly states
that "This implementation uses an ArrayList as the collection." which is
impossible to say in an interface and implies a specific ordering of values per
key.  In addition, the MultiHashMap implementation states the same thing, but
it uses Values, which is an inner class that extends AbstractCollection and
doesn't say anything (one way or the other) about ordering.

Finally, I find the JUnit tests for MultiHashMap to be somewhat obscure.  I was
looking for basic tests on adding values, removing values, removing an entire
key, etc.  Instead I found random strings, etc., that don't help someone new to
the MultiMap interface.

I'd be happy to help out with these things, btw.

;ted

--
Internal Data Tools Staff Engineer,
eBay, Inc.