commons-user mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <>
Subject RE: [HiveMind] problems running bootstrap tutorial
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 01:13:57 GMT
The example and docs represent the latest alpha code, for which there is no download yet.
You can
build the HiveMind software yourself using the latest Maven.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

tml shows a hivemodule.xml sample with a <service-point> element nested inside the <module>
When I recreate and run that application, however, I get the following error:

org.apache.commons.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to read descriptor
Unexpected element service-point within module (at
line 5).
at org.apache.commons.hivemind.parse.DescriptorParser.parse(DescriptorParser.ja
at org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.processModuleResource(Regis
at org.apache.commons.hivemind.impl.RegistryBuilder.processModules(RegistryBuil
at hivemind.examples.impl.Main.main(

It seems like the version I'm using (1.0-alpha-2, as indicated in the
tutorial) doesn't accept the <service-point> element. But after looking at the source
and changing
it to <service> it all works. Is it the tutorial which isn't up-to-date or is it even
ahead of the
implementation? Anyway, I suppose it should be fixed.

I'm looking forward to future developments of HiveMind. Keep up the good work!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: