commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [jelly] Re: unsatisfied dependencies in jelly demos
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:31:35 GMT

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, John Farrell wrote:

> I get unsatisfied dependencies when I try to run the first tutorial. I checked
> the JDBC jar on ibiblio, and it's just not there. Is there any point in
> proceeding with jelly, or should I just go back to ant?

Just to make sure you're aware of why you're hitting this problem:

Maven used to support the distribution of jdbc and jms, but as these are
Sun licensed it was decided that having these on the maven global
repository was against said licence.

The Jelly tutorial needs updating probably, something that needs jdbc/jms
is no longer a good example.

Maybe the new Geronimo [Apache J2EE server] will provide such jars that
can be on there.

Hen