commons-user mailing list archives

From jbiso...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: How to configure commons-logging on JDK1.4
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:28:25 GMT

Koni,

In short, SimpleLog is not a logging system; some real logging system, be
it log4j or jdk logger or whatever, needs to be sitting under the covers
when using commons-logging.  commons-logging is simply a wrapper around an
actual logging system.  In my commons-logging.properties file, I have the
following single line, which tells commons-logging to use log4j under the
covers:
      org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory

the Log setup information you listed below would go in log4j.properties, or its equivalent
in any other logging system.

HTHs,
   Jamie

Koni Roth <koniroth@bluewin.ch> on 08/08/2003 12:47:41 PM

Please respond to "Jakarta Commons Users List"
       <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

       commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    Re: How to configure commons-logging on JDK1.4

No answer until now! It looks like nobody is using commons-logging!
Very frustrating to be the only one using it...

Is there really no useful example or documentation?

Cheers and enjoy the Friday Beer.
Koni