commons-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas.CHALUM...@arsoe-trelaze.com
Subject Re: Re: Réf. : AW: [digester] interface and setter
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:13:32 GMT
Isn't what i do when i declare the Class [] params = {com.arso.trelaze.socle.persistance.Reader.class};
before calling addCallMethod ?
And when i check my log i see that the factory create the  RWClass which implemente Reader
so they can't be a class cast problem.
Maybe i should create a beaninfo in my sub class to be sure introspection
match the corect class

Is some had this kind of problem ?

Nicolas

robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
28/08/2003 21:18
Veuillez répondre à "Jakarta Commons Users List"

        Pour :  "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc :
        Objet : Re: Réf. : AW: [digester] interface and setter

i suggest that you check that the parameter type matches exactly the
method call signature: the CallMethodRule is very particular about the
type parameter.

- robert

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 11:16 AM,
Nicolas.CHALUMEAU@arsoe-trelaze.
com wrote:

> I try your solution but I still have the same error
> "java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: No such accessible method:..."
> With :
> Class [] params = {com.arso.trelaze.socle.persistance.Reader.class};
> digester.addCallMethod( "acces/reader", "setReader", 1, params );
> digester.addCallParam( "acces/reader", 0, true );
>
> The error occurs even if I specify our not the params kind.
>
> At the moment I found an alternative which work. I use
> digester.addSetNext( "acces/reader", "setReader" ); rather than an
> addCallMethod . It is a fonctionnal solution but not really elegant.
>
> So if some one have a better way ...
>
> Nicolas
>

> "Carsten Kaiser" <Carsten.Kaiser@valtech.de>
> 28/08/2003 11:34
> Veuillez répondre à "Jakarta Commons Users List"
>

>         Pour :  "Jakarta Commons Users List"
<commons-user@jakarta.apache.
> org>
>         cc :
>         Objet : AW: [digester] interface and setter
>

> So I think the problem is, that the CallMethod rule does not expect any
> parameters
> since you have specified:
>           1. no parameters
>           2. there is no body text to retrieve the parameter value from
>
> I guess it will help, if you specify
>
>           1. digester.addCallMethod("access/reader", "setReader", 1);
>           2. digester.addCallParam("access/reader", 0, true);
>
> so that your RWClass instance will be taken from the stack to tell the
> call method rule to invoke setReader(RWClass) respectively
> setReader(Object)
> later on.
>
> Hope this solves your problem!!!
>
> Regards,
> CK

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2383)
>                          at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2409)
>                          at
>  org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1067)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at
>
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement
> (Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.
> dispatch(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at

>                  Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
>                  Source)
>                          at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1600)
>                          at

com.arso.trelaze.socle.persistance.ConfigurationLoader.chargerConfiguration(
> ConfigurationLoader.java:90)
>
>                  I think it was an introspection error : it try to find
> void
>                  setReader(RWClass reader) and don't find it but how
could
> I do to make
>                  digester calling the good setter ?
>                  I try to define it has void setReader(Object reader)
but