commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Sayatovic/AMIG <>
Subject Digester: setting a property
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:58:09 GMT
I have an XML file that contains this sort of element:

I also have a Config object that has a property with a

        public class MyConfig {
                // ...
                public URL getFtpUrl();
                public void setFtpUrl(URL url);
                // ...

However, I can't decide how to tie these together with Digester.  I
couldn't get a bean property setter to work, I suspect because there is no
conversion between the String in the XML file and a  Second,
I thought I'd use an ObjectCreationFactory with a FactoryCreateRule to use
the body text to construct a new URL and return it, then add a SetNextRule
to set that URL into the config object.  But I can't seem to get at the
body text via a ObjectCreationFactory (I get the attribtues passed to the
factory,but not the body from what I could tell).

So, my next step is to create my own Rule and add it to the Digester.  But
that seems a bit extreme.  Is there a less custom way of doing this?