commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Ochs" <danochs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [jelly] bringing a jelly::core variable into an jelly::xml xpath
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:08:36 GMT
I'm trying to figure out a way to pass a variable from a jelly::core var
into a jelly::xml XPath expression.  The document loading and parsing is
working correctly. The following code does not raise an exception, but also
does not return anything.  Any other combination I try rasises various
exceptions, null pointer being the most common.
thanks for the help, dan

xml:
<groups>
   <group desc="I am your content description" name="content"/>
</groups>

jelly:
<xml:parse var="groups" xml="groups.xml"/>
<jelly:set var="input">$groups//group[@name='content']/@desc</jelly:set>
<jelly:set var="desc">
   <xml:expr select="${input}"/>
</jellt:set>