commons-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Salvi" <>
Subject [Commons-Logging] Tomcat problem
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:16:35 GMT
Hi all,
could anyone kindly help me solve some problems I'm facing in configuring commons-logging
with a struts application deployed in Tomcat 4.1.18.?
My intention would be to use log4j as logging system implementation, so I put commons-logging.jar
and log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory and configuration files(
and in WEB-INF/classes).
The problem is that Tomcat does ignore my settings and seems to start another instance of
Logging system - used by the server itself - with SimpleLog configurated.
 In various forum I saw that this appears to be a Tomcat classloader issue; I tried to apply
many of suggested workarounds but in vain...It's a shame because I believe that  Commons-logging
philosophy is very elegant indeed! So I'd be very grateful to anyone who could give me an
effective solution!
Thanks in advance for your attention,
View raw message