commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: [jelly][httpclient] FollowRedirects problem
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:56:06 GMT
Couple of things here.

1. Any time you are having trouble with an exception being thrown, make sure
you include the full stack trace.  I really can't help you unless you give
me some information to work with. (Though I'm always happy to take wild
guesses. :)  We've formulated a list of things you should try at
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/troubleshooting.html the
results of all of that stuff should be provided when reporting an issue with
HttpClient.  In particular the wire log is exceptionally useful:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

2. Take a look at the cross hosts redirects guide since I think the
exception your getting is telling you that you can't redirect across hosts.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/redirects.html

3. HttpClient questions are best directed to the httpclient-dev list since
I'm pretty much the only HttpClient developer that monitors this list and I
don't know too many answers.  You can find the link to mailing list
information from the HttpClient web site (which also includes a whole heap
of really useful documentation).
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient

Hope that helps,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer