commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vivian Fonger" <vfon...@socketware.com>
Subject [DBCP] Problem: Connection closes prematurely
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:08:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

I want to know what connection is considered active and what connection
is considered idle.  Currently, my application is using DBCP connection
pooling and I am having problem with connection closes premarturely.
This happen when the application is trying to traverse a resultset and
the application is extremely busy (i.e. a lot of threads are requesting
database connectivities to perform database actions).  I have set the
maximum number idle connections pretty low, I am just wondering will
that be a cause of database connection closing prematurely when the
application is still traversing a resultset.

Vivian Fonger