commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hope, Matthew" <Matthew.H...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: [betwixt] Mapping for interface instead of class
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:42:45 GMT
is your desire to produce a set of beans implementing the ejb remote
interface but not actually instances of an ejb (i.e. owned and managed by an
ejb container?)

if you want to serialize a bunch of ejb instances to xml and round trip them
back to ejb's (on the same server or not) then you have some issues since
you can't just instantiate an instance of the bean and have it 'become' a
proper ejb. that's what the create and find methods on the home are for...

Remember also that while the ejb stub and skeleton will implement the
interface you are looking at the actual class you write implementing
SessionBean normally does NOT implement this interface (though the methods
are there the signatures tend to avoid declaring the throws RemoteException
for example).

perhaps the use case you are trying to achive might help us in undestanding
what you are doing...

Matt